Kace is detecting the proper versions of 0365 in inventory but not in patch detection. Why?
Good afternoon all,
When we first deployed O365, we deployed the current channel. Upon further review we changed or minds and switched all PCs to Semi Annual. Since then, KACE correctly identifies the current channel builds in inventory but whenever we do a patch detection, it shows missing patches for the current channel. Why does KACE see things correctly in inventory but not in patch detections? My guess is that patch detections are based on registry entries and inventory is not. Or at least different ones.
I did create a test PC where O365 is installed on the Semi Annual first and KACE sees that fine in both inventory and patch detection.
My question is, where does KACE detect the O365 version in regards to patch detection so I can fix this on all our other PCs without having to reinstall all of them from scratch?
I am currently running into the same issue - a few PCs are reporting correct O365 in inventory, but are still showing up as having a missing patch for an older version of O365. Is there a registry key that KACE looks at when detecting patches? I know in the past if KACE is showing software that isn't actually installed I've been able to go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ and delete the appropriate key and then rerun inventory. I'm hoping I can do something similar for these patches that the computers don't need.
Patch detection looks at registry I believe (based off the fact that patching needs registry write permissions - How to debug a patch that has a NOT PATCHED detection status with a SUCCESS (102) (131510) (quest.com)).
In my experience, a device's inventory can be incorrect. I say this because I have used an MI, that Kace thought installed, but it didn't, and the inventory listed at that point. Device however did not have it.