/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png
Hi all,

So maybe someone can help me with this - since 7.x (we are currently on 8.1), we have encountered where anytime we push a script via the K1000, it will run, but it never returns a status of complete (even though watching the workstation/agent, the script runs and completes successfully). 

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there anything different we should be doing when building our scripts to ensure that we get some form of feedback when utilizing Run Now for our scripts to see that they have actually completed successfully or not? Most of the time, our scripts are to run a command line program

i.e. - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL\sqlcmd.exe "arguements"

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome! Hope to see some of you at UserKon!
3 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments

  • Is this affecting all scripts or just some?
    • All scripts, regardless of type.
  • We had this same issue and had to turn on Agent Logging inside of Settings - Provisioning - Communication Settings
    • That was it! Good call mkantorski! Enabling that resolved and got us feedback on script statuses! Thanks!!!!
  • i can't find that option in 8.1.10 (Settings - Provisioning - Communication Settings)
    • It would be under settings for the organization. Same place you set how often the agent should perform inventory, catalog updates, scripting updates, etc.

All Answers

0
We ran into this issue when upgrading to 8.1 (Along with a few other issues).  I had to open a service ticket with KACE and have them send a new license key to put in.  After I did that, everything started working again.
Answered 05/02/2018 by: DaveMT
Fourth Degree Black Belt

  • Will reach out to them and update. Thanks Dave! Wasn't sure if I needed to involve support yet or if the community had the quick fix :)