k1000 version 6, discovery schedule. Trying to use Active Discovery. Privileged user, password and search context all correct (verified by running dsquery on AD server). Not getting any nodes discovery when schedule ran. How do I debug this problem?


1 Comment   [ - ] Hide Comment


  • 1st part of my problem was not reading properly ... when I entered the IP address for the AD server correctly, the discovery schedule ran properly.

    2nd part was the privileged user. I tried <admin user>@<domain>, which failed. When I switched to "CN=<admin user>,CN=Users,DC=<domain name>,DC=<tld>", the schedule worked.

    What I still don't know is how to access debugging information; or if it even exists.

Please log in to comment

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity


When I first tried this today, I could not get it to work either.  What I did to get it to work was made sure that I had the right credentials (the way kace wants them...)  I had just tried typing admin as my priveleged user, but ended up having to do admin@internal.mckasd.com.  I also made sure that my search context started at the root of my domain and only capitalized DC...so like this: 


After that, it worked.  Also, I have encountered issues with IE11 not displaying screens correctly, long reach there but hey, it might be as simple as that.

Answered 06/18/2014 by: dwilliams1307
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment