/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

KACE Product Support Question


K1000 v.7 Provisioning looks to wrong FQDN

12/14/2016 1094 views
I've just installed a new virtual instance of the K1000, version 7.x, and am tinkering with it before moving our ver 6.x data to it.

In setting it up, I accidentally configured the Control Panel / Network Settings / Domain to "acu.local" rather than to "acu.edu".

Later, as I tried a Provisioning test, it failed with this message:

process (//k1box.acu.local/client/agent_provisioning/windows_platform/agent_msi_provision.bat k1b0x.acu.local client ampagent-7.0.763-x86.msi k1box.acu.edu) could not be launched: 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

Of course the file can't be found, because "k1box.acu.local" is not resolvable.

So I went back to Control Panel / Network Settings / Domain, and changed that setting to "acu.edu", and then rebooted the K1 (not just restarted the services), but still, whenever I try my provisioning test, I get the same error.

From where is the "k1box.acu.local" coming from now?

I checked Control Panel / Security Settings / Samba / Enable File Sharing, and it has a help-tip that says, "(File sharing is currently enabled at \\k1box\client\. Log in as the admin user to \\k1box\clientdrop\ to add files to the file share.)"

Again, my question: From where is the "k1box.acu.local" coming from now, when as far as I can tell it should either just be "k1box" or "k1box.acu.edu"?

Thanks!

-- 
Kent

 
0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments


All Answers

1
Found it.

In the Provisioning Schedule (Settings / Provisioning / Schedule / my schedule) is an option "Alternate Download Location:" that had the "acu.local" address.

I'm confident I had checked this field earlier and it was blank, but I may have checked it before I found the "Domain" setting, and it was definitely before I rebooted the server, so it may have auto-filled in after I changed the "Domain" field, using the old setting it "thought" might be the correct setting, or it may have auto-filled after the reboot (or I could have a misplaced confidence that this field was empty, but I'm really sure it was empty when I looked at it earlier).

At any rate, I'm past that error now, and now can move on to the new error being generated:

MSI Info: [ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE] A fatal error occurred during installation.

But that's for a new question (if I can't get it sorted out myself).

Thanks!

-- 
Kent

Answered 12/14/2016 by: kentwest
Brown Belt

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ