/bundles/itninjaweb/img/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png
I am testing a very simple script, it is meant to disable bitlocker.

I added a > c:\tools\BDE.txt file to spit the output out to the local PC, just to confirm it, but it doesn't make a file.

Running the command locally works and I get a nice output message.

But running the script in KACE and the output text file is blank.

NizTIL.png


2 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments

Comments

  • I've found that manage-bde seems to only work if you run it from an Admin command prompt. I don't believe KACE has a way to execute scripts as an Admin command prompt.
    • Hmmm, I’m sure I did it in the past. I have a vbs script that I call from Kace to enable BitDefender.

      I will try making a vbs script to turn i
      t off.
      • Just in case you haven't gotten this working yet, please look at the comment section. Quoting the person who fixed the issue fro me, "It started working for us after removing all agent jobs on the server and then clearing up the history of all old ran scripts (Run Now Status). It started to work for us right after that. Not sure if that will be of any value to you."
  • I'm having the same thing after upgrading from v7 to v8. Now some of the scripts do not run nor WoL is not working after 1 day. Have not had this issue with v7 at all.

    This happens to plethora of different ones, not just msi or bat
    • Just wanted to chime in with a same-same. I specifically joined ITninja to research this and here we are.
      Ever since the update to v8 we can not run any of our online or offline Kscripts. All of our Shell Scripts work fine. Looks like we should probably all open tickets to Quest.
      • It started working for us after removing all agent jobs on the server and then clearing up the history of all old ran scripts (Run Now Status). It started to work for us right after that. Not sure if that will be of any value to you.
        We also have a WoL issue: I could wake up a machine anytime with v7 and after upgrading to v8 they cannot be woken up anymore and we have to rely on relay machines which need to be up. Makes no sense. Also, if I want to wake up 1 machine, it wakes up a random number (in hundredths) of machines.
Please log in to comment

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Answers

0
The KACE agent is a 32bit application and might not be able to access the manage-bde.exe in c:\windows\system32. Try launching it from C:\Windows\sysnative instead. We encountered this problem with BdeHdCfg.exe and this was the solution.

Answered 01/18/2018 by: chucksteel
Red Belt

  • maredzki's reply to me in the comment section fixed the issue for me. To quote him, "It started working for us after removing all agent jobs on the server and then clearing up the history of all old ran scripts (Run Now Status). It started to work for us right after that. Not sure if that will be of any value to you."

    I deleted all old log files and, poof, I could suddenly push Kscripts again.
Please log in to comment
Admin Script Editor
Admin Script Editor is an integrated scripting environment available free here at ITNinja

Share