KACE Product Support Question

K1000 gui is very sluggish during login and saving tickets.....has anyone noticed/reported this? Trying to determine if network or kbox issue...Thanks!

08/19/2016 2499 views
Running latest version of K1000.  Server version 6.4.120822  Agent version 6.4.522.  Upgraded last night and rebooted hoping to clear issues.  Same problem today.  Sluggish to login, sluggish to save tickets.  Cleared cache in both IE and Google with no resolution.  Any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
1 Comment   [ + ] Show comment


  • I've ran into the same thing a few months ago. Since then I've set my browser with tabs that go to specific locations in Kace. I find if I log in to the default location to the Dashboard it is very sluggish. Mozilla is much faster for me than IE, but IE is more supported. Things like: Device Actions

All Answers

For troubleshooting slowness I suggest running the "top" command by going to Settings > Support > Run diagnostic utilities to see if there's any process that is eating up resources. You'll want to run the test periodically to get an idea of any costly processes. For more of an overview, check the munin reports at [yourkbox]/munin

Another thing to check: If you go to Settings > Control Panel > Communication Settings what is reported for "Current Load Average"?
Answered 08/19/2016 by: JasonEgg
Red Belt

  • Thanks! Put in a ticket with Kace as well. Looks like the Communication Settings were the culprit. Once we got some of the settings adjusted, things seemed to have smoothed out. Thanks for the input!!

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ