Software Deployment Question
K1000 Bug? Managed installs not working with .msi
08/11/2016 845 views
As the title says, trying to push out an in house .msi package and it doesnt work. However previously made managed installs still work.
Interestingly enough this is how it goes:
1) Make the managed install, select Override default installation, dont prepend msi.exec.exe. Full command: msiexec.exe /i "filename.msi" /qn
2) Add computer to test the install
3) Notify before and on completion for testing purposes
4) force inventory on the machine
5) Notify message comes up, continues with install, gives finished notification.
6) inventory in KACE shows the program as installed, but is missing from the machines control panel.
The kagent.log doesn't have useful information in it either, even in debug mode. You might see the msi name but it doesnt say anything about it failing or working.
Even adding a log switch to the full command doesnt put out a log file.
Anyone else experiencing this?