KACE Product Support Question

Issues with upgrade of k1000 to version 7

04/13/2017 1465 views

Hi Guys,

I have just upgraded to the latest version 7.0.121306.

I have also pushed the agent update to version 7.0.763

via the agent update settings.

Since the upgrade, I have been having a number of issues.

Of the 1500 machines in my network, only around 50 are

show to be turned on...(with a blue screen aicon). All the rest

have a red line across the  tiny screen icon....(meaning they are offline).

Also its been about 36 hours since initializing the agent update to

the latest version. Again, only about 60 machines are showing

an updated agent. The rest are showing as offline with old agents.

Any ideas? Something seems to be wrong.


2 Comments   [ + ] Show comments


  • We ran into the same situation with around 1500 devices as well. We are currently working with KACE to resolve it. A few things we have gone through are:

    1 - Quest informed us that there could be congestion and the agents may still check in, just much slower than normal for their initial check-in after upgrading their client.
    2 - we preformed a retrust action ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE\AMPTools.exe" retrust) then restarted the service ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE\AMPTools.exe" restart)
    3 - Quest delivered a hotfix to us to address this known issue.
    4 - Quest has elevated our situation to Level 2 for tickets.

    Now we did see a few system start talking after a while for the answer to number one, but not a lot. The Retrust helped to get agents talking again. We would either run it manually on the systems or run it via a startup batch file via GPO. But this didn't completely resolve it. The Hotfix did nothing to solve our issues. We are working with Quest in this issue getting elevated but we are also having an issue with machines not completing Inventories as well.

    I hope this was of some help for you to give you a direction or a few things to try.
  • Any answer to this?

    I've the exact same issue even with the newest release, 7.1.62. Machines with agent 7 will not respond to force inventory requests and sometime go 20+ hours with no inventory!

    My only solution was to push out the old agent 6.4.522 to all machines.
    • Don't know if you still need this........
      But this was my solution to the problem...given to me by kace.
      Hope it helps you.

All Answers

Call Kace support. I had the same issue and they had a hotfix they applied that corrected it. Apparently from what the guy said the machines are actually connected but flagged incorrectly in the database so Kace treats them as if they were disconnected. The hotfix took about 30 seconds to run and did not require a reboot of the appliance. It has only been about 14 hrs since I applied it but I am back down to my normal number of disconnected machines. Also support told me that 7.1 update and 7.1 agent will be out this week or next and they have that hotfix built in along with other fixes and support for Windows server 2016.
Here is a link to the KB article about the disconnects. Ask them for a hotfix for this.
Answered 04/15/2017 by: ttucker
Senior White Belt

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ