I am attempting to use the new KACE software catalog to monitor various licenses for compliance. However, the reporting of installed software is causing problems with incorrect quantities.

For example, I have a PC which shows in the catalog as having Project 2010 installed. In the Asset under Installed Programs it is not there. However under Discovered Software, there is an entry for Project 2010.

Project 2010 is definitely not installed (also checked this with Lansweeper). I've tried forcing the inventory of the machine a few times, however project is still showing in the discovered software and in the software catalog. Is anyone else having similar issues or any idea how to synchronize the discovered items?
Answer Summary:
1 Comment   [ - ] Hide Comment


  • Thanks for the answers. I've set up some silent uninstall scripts with no reboot. Some of these reports may be machines that are not being switched off overnight and require reboot for the last cleanup.
Please log in to comment

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity


Verify that if you put the source/installation files on a computer, if it also detects it.

I had, not with KACE but with other "discovery" software, they detect installation files also as present software.
Because they look for software footprints, not perfect indeed...
Answered 09/05/2014 by: dedenker
Third Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
This is an issue common with Microsoft products. When uninstalling, Microsoft leaves items behind in the registry, especially things like license keys. So KACE, when scanning the registry for hidden applications, will find and report the existence of the uninstalled application. The only way to clean it out completely, that I've found so far, is to manually go into the registry and delete the unneeded entries.
Answered 09/05/2014 by: tdickinson
Orange Senior Belt

Please log in to comment