How to deploy Windows settings for Wake On Lan
I've got software distribution working for deploying Dell Command Configure, and a script to import the BIOS changes to turn on WoL.
I'm stumped on how to push the Win10 config:
Back in Windows, you have to set up Wake on LAN in your Network Card Driver. Please follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Device Manager. In Windows 10 you can simply right-click the Windows Button and choose Device Manager.
- Navigate to Network adapters and open the category.
- Rightclick your LAN Controller and choose Properties.
- Open the tab Power Management.
- Ensure that the following boxes are checked: Allow this device to wake the computer, Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer.
- Now open the advanced tab and choose Energy Efficient Ethernet.Note: This option is not available for all system models.
- Set this option to disabled.
- Click OK and close the Device Manager.
- Navigate to Control Panel then Hardware and Sound, Power Options and System Settings.
- At the top click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- At the bottom uncheck Turn on fast startup.
- Click on save changes.