How do i create an msi to use a cmd file?
I am a novice packager that filling some big shoes that left the company. In the wake, i have been given access to installshield 2013 and would like to use it. From my research, i think my concepts are sound and need the advise of experinced professionals.
Here is what I'm working with...
- I have an application that does not lend itself to being repackaged easily.
- The native installer supports silent installations from the command line.
- The application does not create an entry in Add/Remove for application monitoring.
With installshield i would like to...
- Extract files to temp location that will delete after installation
- run file to execute the two installation command lines
- provide the uninstall command lines to the .msi
Everywhere i've read says to create a custom action for many of these tasks but speak with a higher working knowlege. Can someone offer some guidance to get me on the right track or offer other resources to learn from?