/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

KACE Product Support Question


Help Desk Request: Mail failure - malformed recipient address for escalation emails

01/21/2015 4314 views
Good day all!

I have a issue with escalation emails. 
After we updated to 5.5.xxxx (I can't recall exactly as we are running 6.2 now), every time we get an escalation email it comes with a:

From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@ofmq-kbox.ofmq.com>
Subject: Help Desk Request: Mail failure - malformed recipient address
Body:

A message that you sent contained one or more recipient addresses that were incorrectly constructed:

mcruz@ofmq.com; jslaughter@ofmq.com; tlamb@ofmq.com; mlarkins@ofmq.com; mthomas@ofmq.com: malformed address: ; jslaughter@ofmq.com; tlamb@ofm may not follow mcruz@ofmq.com

This address has been ignored. There were no other addresses in your
message, and so no attempt at delivery was possible.

------ This is a copy of your message, including all the headers. ------

To: mcruz@ofmq.com; jslaughter@ofmq.com; tlamb@ofmq.com; mlarkins@ofmq.com; mthomas@ofmq.com
Subject: [TICK:6805] ESCALATION FW: REQUEST FOR DATA: GAO
request for quality data related to the HVBP program
MIME-Version: 1.0
From: OFMQHelp@ofmq.com
Reply-To: OFMQHelp@ofmq.com
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64
Message-Id: <E1YDnjR-000Jqx-GO@ofmq-kbox.ofmq.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:21:33 -0600

VGlja2V0IEVzY2FsYXRlZC4KVGhpcyBNZWRpdW0gcHJpb3JpdHkgdGlja2V0IGhhcyBiZWVuIGVz
Y2FsYXRlZCBhbmQgYW4gZXNjYWxhdGlvbiBlbWFpbCB3aWxsCmJlIHNlbnQgZXZlcnkgMjQwIG1p
bnV0ZXMuCgpGb3IgY29tcGxldGUgZGV0YWlscywgc2VlOgogICAgaHR0cHM6Ly9vZm1xLWtib3gu
b2ZtcS5jb20vdXNlcnVpL3RpY2tldD9JRD02ODA1Cgo=


But if I just put 1 email in the cc list for the ticket category, it does not send out the mailer-daemon.

Can anyone shine a little light on this?


Thank you.

Answer Summary:
1 Comment   [ + ] Show comment

Comments

  • I'll be watching this. I'm having the same issue as well. But not all users and not all the time. I'm having trouble tying it down to one source.

All Answers

1
We had to switch all of our category CC emails to distribution lists on the Exchange Server. It adds some overhead but it was the only solution we could find. Note that I did not contact technical support about this.
Answered 01/22/2015 by: chucksteel
Red Belt

  • Chucksteel is correct. I did, however, contact technical support and they acknowledged that this is an issue. Same thing happens if a user enters email addresses in the Ticket CC with a ; instead of a ,

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ