KACE Product Support Question

Error creating ticket from email - Permissions are "Hidden"

10/30/2018 432 views
I have a 3rd party system sending an email to create a ticket but it is getting an error trying to set the desired fields. 

Could not change value for "Title=New Account Request @CUSTOM_2=Employee Name@CUSTOM_4=Managers Name@CUSTOM_7=StartDate@CUSTOM_9=Position" - Permissions are "Hidden"

It looks like this 3rd party system might be stripping out the line breaks from the email. Is there a different field delimiter I can use to differentiate between fields?

Thanks in advance,
Parker Andrews
3 Comments   [ + ] Show comments


  • Have you checked the permissions on your custom fields to make sure users can edit them?
    • I've double and triple checked that because that is what I figured the problem was at first. I changed them from 'User Create' to 'User Modify' and still no go.

      I sent the email myself and it worked as expected, and then I tried again without the line breaks and got the error about permissions.
  • Oh, and make sure that they are sending the email as plain text. It does appear that line breaks are being removed.
  • It looks like is not a plain text email, make sure is not HTML.

    As checksteel mentioned, maybe check those fields' permissions, but this looks like it was not a plain text email.

Be the first to answer this question

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ