/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Systems Management Question


During the KACE upgrade from 5.5 to 7.1, accessing service desk as gotten slower at each upgrade.

06/13/2017 1241 views

We have been upgrading KACE for the past month, slow and painful process.  We moved to a new virtual appliance also at 6.4 and have finally got to 7.1.  Now we are running into issues with service desk.  opening tickets, editing and close tickets takes minutes.  I have doubled the memory and vCPU(4 to 8 GB and 2 to 4 vCPU).  it has improved a little bit, but very slow.  5.5 was a lot faster than this.  There were suggests to reduce one of the queues, we are looking at 300,000 tickets.  We had even more with version 5.5 and it wasn't slow at all.  I am going to set the archive for that queue to 1 month from 3 months.  Other than that, I don't know where to go with this. 

Thank you for any help.

4 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments

  • What else do you use the K1000 for? You might want to up the RAM more. (We use 32GB RAM) Also check out how many ticket rules you have applying on save.

    For our Service Desk we have noticed making comments/resolution edits has gotten much slower also. It is taking 15-30 seconds to save tickets now. Other than that everything is running quickly.

    I am working with Quest to schedule a Health Check on our system. If I learn anything from that regarding service desk speed I will post back.
    • This content is currently hidden from public view.
      Reason: Spam For more information, visit our FAQ's.
  • We use KACE for deployments of software and updates. We also use it to track inventory, we have about 1600 managed devices. KACE agents are at 6.4 right now, not ready to move to 7.1. We have like 8 queues and an average of 6 ticket rules. It takes approximately the same time for us to edit our service desk also.

    I am also working with Quest support, I post what I have learnt here too.
  • We have the same issue since upgrading from 6.4 to 7.1. We currently have a ticket in with Quest, they have advised switching on Ticket Archiving i will update if they found anything else.
  • Our issues has been resolved, we did archive the queue that had the 300,000 tickets. We had it reduced to 15,000. It is running like it did at 6.4 and increasing the memory to 8 GB on the virtual machine helped. I hope that helps someone else.

Be the first to answer this question

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ