/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png
10/24/2018 100 views
  Hello all,

   good evening and hoping everything is going well.

im fairly new to the KACE environment and so far im liking what ive been able to configure at my current job using KACE.

ive been searching everywhere for an answer to my question.

we recently upgraded our KACE server from 7.1 to 8.1 successfully.

now, we've been facing slowness on loading the pages (even on a FreeBSD VM with 16 cores and 65 Gb of RAM) and we lost the ability for the devices to check in regularly.

we've been able to run the command runkbot.exe 4 0 and the inventory gets updated successfully, but we got more than 3800 devices that, for obvious reasons, cant be done manually.

would yall be so kind in helping me out providing some insights/advises on how to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance!!
1 Comment   [ + ] Show comment

Comments

  • I had the same issue with the majority of devices not checking in after updating to 8.1 and again, though with a lot fewer, when updating to 9.

    If your devices are showing connected, you may just need to clear the cache like I did using a script. I created a new script to clearcache and then run and inventory.

    Launch "$(KACE_APP_DIR)\amptools.exe" with params "clearcache"
    Launch "$(KACE_APP_DIR)\runkbot.exe" with params "4 0"

    After running this, the devices had no problem checking in on their normal schedule.

All Answers

0
Review and follow this article for the most usual cause:
https://support.quest.com/kb/236214/ 
Answered 10/24/2018 by: Nico_K
Red Belt