The KACE Agent version is 5.5.30275 and server is running v5.5.90546.  Is there a logfile on the client that would help me troubleshoot this issue?

I found this in the event viewer:
The Dell KACE Agent service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 13 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I looked through the amp.log and didn't see anything useful.  Also, I did enable debug logs.


PS. To cover all my bases, I also submitted a support ticket.

3 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


  • Did you turned on the debugging. Just add debug=detail to the amp.conf and restart the KACE agent.
  • I did aragorn.2003. I worded it wrong, but that's what I meant when I said I enabled debug logs. I submitted my logs to support. Hopefully they come back with some insight.

    I just noticed the service is suddenly running and I forced a check-in from the webui and it immediately dropped AMP connection again. I just confirmed the message is displaying in the event viewer again, "The Dell KACE Agent service terminated unexpectedly...." Also, the last check-in counter says it occurred 2 hours ago. That says to me when it's time-triggered it works, but when I try to do it manually from the webui it fails so much that it kills the agent service.
  • I just tried a "Force update" on two other client machines that are running the 5.5.30275 agent and I witnessed the exact same behavior on the one with Windows 7 Enterprise (x86), however on the Windows 8.1 x64 client it checked-in successfully without killing the service and the "last inventory" accurately says 8 seconds ago.

    At a glace, I see 9 Windows 7 x86 machines with agent version 5.5.30275 that show disconnected AMP that I can ping. I suspect the issue is effecting at least that many PCs. Happily I didn't upgrade the agent version to any departments outside of IT yet (~170 PCs out of 3k).
Please log in to comment

There are no answers at this time
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity