Creating a process with approvals built in
I've been trying to set something up in KACE to process different types of employee change forms (new employee, leaving employee, name changes, etc) for use by the IT Department. The processes that I have set up create a bunch of child tickets and work well except for the approvals part of the process. I've read all the manuals and I think I've tried everything but it still doesn't work. Here's what I've set up:
- a ticket in a special queue will all the custom fields I require the supervisors to complete
- a process to convert that ticket into
Details of the process that is not working for approvals:
- Define Process Template > Name, Description and process type entered (it's a custom process type I entered - seemed like just adding words to a list to me)
- Parent Ticket > selected the custom ticket in the special queue with all the custom fields that I created
- Child Tickets > a listing of all the tasks that need to be completed in the form of child tickets
- Approvals > Box ticked - one or more approvals required for this process to start, Approval Step1 - two names are added as approvers and the radio button 'any one approval is required' - everything else on that page I left as is except the approval timeout, which I set at 72 hours for timeout and 5 minutes for approval notifications (for testing purposes)
- Notifications > took the defaults, they looked ok
- Publish > ticked the 'enabled' box but not the other 3 top boxes, restricted users by label (I am in that label too), ticked 'use process status workflow instead of ticket status'
So after all this I created a ticket, converted it to this process and where the 'Process Approvals' are it says 'no approvals required'. I've made new queues, new tickets and new processes several times but I just cant get approvals to work. Does anyone have experience with this issue? Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.
Answer Chosen by the Author
Maybe it does not work because you log the ticket and then convert it to a process? Perhaps try to create a new ticket as a process and see if the outcome is different?? Sorry I tried to comment on the question but the site wouldn't let me ;o)