Admin Kace Account (Active Directory) locks every day?

Good morning,

Since the upgrade to version 8 of Kace 1000, we notice a problem on this one. Our "Kace Admin" account to query the Active Directory locks for no apparent reason. Once unlocked, the Kace 1000 operates normally again, then a few hours later it relocks. 

Do you have a solution to diagnose this kind of problem?

Best regards.

1 Comment   [ + ] Show comment
  • Have a look at your security logs on your AD, are you sure the problem is being generated from your K1000 box? Your security logs on your AD server should tell you the hostname of the device sending the bad password. We had similar to this and it turned out an old password had been cached on an old device. - Druis 2 years ago
    • Hello,

      Thank you for your answer.
      When we look at the logs on the domain controller, we see the account lock but we do not have the station that performs this authentication.

      I installed Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner to check, indeed I see the account being locked but I have no results in "bad password".

      Is it possible that during the migration from 7 to 8, something to change and that is not to our domain controller's liking?

      Thank you in advance. - NicolasQuali 2 years ago

Answers (1)

Posted by: abratton 2 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
We had that same problem for a while.  We ended up going through the credentials on the K1 and retyped the password in each location and that solved our problem.

Hope this helps!

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ