Since upgrading from 5.1.31237 to 5.2.38773 all assets that had blank date fields now appear as 1970-01-01. Reports show them as blank or 0000-00-00 which is fine but when viewing assets individually it shows the 1970 date. I can see in the MySQL database the fields are 0000-00-00 but the Kbox web interface is now interpreting them differently.

Its quite an unexpected and very annoying problem. Continuing upgrading all the way to the latest 5.3 retains this problem.

I've raised this problem with a Kace support engineer that is currently helping me upgrade to 5.3 on a new Kbox (old one developed a problem with the RAID controller and needed an entire new Kbox). So hopefully he can help, but thought I'd post on the forums too incase anyone else has experienced this.


0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity


Definitely sounds like a bug in the php for the asset interface.
Answered 08/31/2011 by: airwolf
Tenth Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
I noticed this issue on my kbox a few days ago but I'm getting an expiration date of 1969-12-31. Currently running 5.2.38773. Please let me know how the upgrade to 5.3 goes and if it fixes the issue.
Answered 08/31/2011 by: darkhawktman
Green Belt

Please log in to comment
The Kace support analyst assisting on this problem says that its a known bug (bug number 13655) and a fix is being worked on. When I hear what it is I'll post it here. Might be a few weeks though I guess. I'm waiting to hear if its ok to upgrade to 5.3 before the fix is released. Darkhawktman - 5.3 doesn't fix this problem (at the moment anyway), I tried upgrading as a test on my new kbox but then reverted back to 5.2
Answered 09/01/2011 by: stubox
Blue Belt

Please log in to comment