KACE Product Support Question

As of a couple weeks ago just about all Windows 7 PCs will not inventory. Anyone else seen this issue?

08/12/2019 461 views

Good morning all,

Starting a couple weeks ago, we noticed that there were many PCs in our domain that stopped inventorying.  After a while we were able to narrow it down that on the desktop side, it was just about all of the Windows 7 PCs that we still run.  Over 90% of them are not inventorying.  We've been going through the normal troubleshooting process for this but I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else as well on the Windows 7 side.  


2 Comments   [ + ] Show comments


  • Also, I tried deleting the devices from the system. They do their initial inventory, but not the automatic ones afterwards.
  • Did anything in your network change? Or perhaps a new GPO?

All Answers


Please refer the KAgent.log and konea.log on agent to see if you see anything erroneous. Also, check the server logs from Settings->Logs 

Answered 08/12/2019 by: AbhayR
Red Belt

  • So I did run KAT on one of the W7 PCs that will not auto inventory.

    Force Inventory Fails - just hangs and nothing happens

    Server Retrust - Same thing here.

    I Kapture the logs but I'm not sure what to look for. Can anyone advise?

    • at this point, I would contact support
  • Also in the konea.log I see the following errors. Do these mean anything to anyone:

    |ERROR|process.go:143:func1 | Module Exited |{"err":"exit status 1","module":"clientidentifier"}
    |ERROR|requesterlistener.go:68:Run | Stop Requester Listener |{"err":"accept tcp use of closed network connection"}
    |ERROR|exechandler.go:86:func1 | Error killing |{"err":"exit status 1"}
    |ERROR|sdk.go:45:func1 | konea not running, exiting|{"current ppid":2156,"initial ppid":2156}

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ