I'm unable to launch a bomgar start control session or any other script.  When I attempt any script to an external address they fail somewhere but Kace is reporting it as 'running'.  The bomgar script throws an error 'can not find script file' and has an empty kbox cache package folder.  Monitored the firewall passthrough and found no rejections and made sure that I could make a connection to the needed ports on the K1000 externally.  Scripts run perfectly when run on a computer on the same vlan as the Kace server.  I'm also seeing computers reported as online but only the local computers get inventoried and have updates the agent. 

We're transitioning away from SSL to TLS so that may be part of the issue especially since this all started the same day we turned off SSL.  Currently SSL is turned back on so I can try to roll out a fix to our kace managed computers.  Last tidbit, none of these computers are on a domain.k

0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


Please log in to comment

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity


My guess is the SSL to TLS transition caused your issue.  To my recollection, the K1000 currently uses SSLv3 and won't support TLS until a version update.  This is possibly version 6.4.

Here is a related Uservoice posting: https://kace.uservoice.com/forums/82699-k1000/suggestions/7779522-add-support-for-tls-1-1-and-1-2

If you enable debug on a client that is not updating inventory and look in the kagent.log file, it may show you what issue the client is having in checking in. https://support.software.dell.com/k1000-systems-management-appliance/kb/112035
Answered 06/17/2015 by: jknox
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
Just got it working again turned out to just be a certificate issue, Kace had lost our cert in the process of updating the cert to TLS.  While a silly issue, I'll take a simple fix any day.  I did find out that TLS support is planned for the 6.4 patch. 
Answered 06/17/2015 by: AlexV
White Belt

Please log in to comment