/bundles/itninjaweb/img/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

I have always been able to browse to \\tbkbox\client\agent_provisioning\windows_platform\ and install the agent manually on a particular machine.  Since the 5.5 upgrade, I get a generic Network Error message about not being able to access it.  I have a ticket in with Support, but after almost 24hrs I have gotten no response.  Just seeing if anyone else is unable to browse to the agent location from Windows or do I have another issue.

Answer Summary:
It is now resolved. we have a root domain (which the Kbox is a member of) and two child domains. One of the child domains is the primary domain of all computer and user accounts. In trying out SSO, I had attempted to join the Kbox to the child domain. After I removed it from the domain and rebooted the Kbox after hours, everything works as it should now.
Cancel
0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Answers

0

Are your samba shares still turned on? Settings>Control Panel>General Settings>Samba Share Settings.

Answered 09/12/2013 by: dugullett
Red Belt

  • Yes, the box is still checked
    • Have you rebooted since the update?
  • As far as applying the 5.5 update, a reboot was part of it. I also just unchecked the Samba Share, saved, rechecked and reset the password again and saved. Still a no go. I may could try a reboot of the system tonight from home since we are using the Help Desk in Production during the day.
  • We may be on to something, support just got back to me and I can get to it by IP address instead of the FQDN, must have something to do with SSO. I will post back when we get it figured out.
Please log in to comment
0

Have you tried resetting the samba password?

Answered 09/12/2013 by: nheyne
Red Belt

  • I just reset it and I get the same result. I also tried to access the Client Drop share by using admin and the pwd I set, I get the same generic error. I never got prompted to login.
  • It is now resolved. we have a root domain (which the Kbox is a member of) and two child domains. One of the child domains is the primary domain of all computer and user accounts. In trying out SSO, I had attempted to join the Kbox to the child domain.

    After I removed it from the domain and rebooted the Kbox after hours, everything works as it should now.
    • Thanks for posting your resolution! It helps the rest of us if we ever encounter this.
Please log in to comment