anybody have a connection issue with Agents?


I have about 5000 computers not connecting out of 6500... Seems like a trust issue. i run a batch file that support provided me with seems to work. i run a psexec coomand and now will put it in a login script for other computers

Anybody had the same issue?

i'm thinking it might be a certificate when I tried running the new agent install...


@echo off

REM ==================================================================================================================================

REM Batched Script Model -- Retrust KACE  Agents Script

REM ==================================================================================================================================

REM NOTE: Batched Script code provided as a courtesy by KACE to its customers.

REM       We make no promises as to workability or functionality under certain circumstances.

REM       In default situations under normal setup these work as designed. 

REM       KACE does not support modification nor usage. 

REM       We highly recommend you test all code no matter the source before using in a production environment. 

REM       If you are cut and pasting the code, paste in to a text editor then copy back out to remove any hidden characters or markup.

REM ==================================================================================================================================

REM ==================================================================================================================================

REM == Detect QUEST KACE Agent

REM ==================================================================================================================================

echo Detect OS Arch: 32-bit or 64-bit

if exist "%ProgramFiles%\QUEST\KACE\AMPTools.exe" goto x86QuestAgentPath

if exist "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\QUEST\KACE\AMPTools.exe" goto x64QuestAgentPath


echo QUEST KACE Agent is detected in 32-bit Windows path

cd /D "%ProgramFiles%\QUEST\KACE"

goto QuestAgentPath_Run


echo Dell KACE Agent is detected in 64-bit Windows path

cd /D "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\QUEST\KACE"

goto QuestAgentPath_Run


cd ..

echo Retrust the KACE Agent. Wait...

    start /wait KACE\AMPTools.exe retrust

    echo K1000 Agent has been retrusted!


echo Restarting the KACE Agent. Wait...

    start /wait KACE\AMPTools.exe restart

    echo K1000 Agent has been restarted!

ping -n 15 -w 5000 > nul


echo Force the Machine Inventory. Please wait...

    start /wait KACE\runkbot.exe 4 0

    goto end



echo KACE inventory task completed. Check the device communication on the SMA WEB interface.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (1)

Posted by: SMal.tmcc 1 year ago
Red Belt

Yea but mine was caused by the VPN client installed on the machines for a vpn that was offline.  For some reason Konea would report in and give the kbox the address of the vpn nic as the primary route to communicate to the client with and since they were not using that nic on the client side they would orphan themselves.

see my answer under for screen shot detail of the network config kace was using vs what it needed to use


  • oh ok. Seems like a known bug. Thanks - psaussey 1 year ago
    • I ended up using Kix on login to disable the vpn service and then the machines reported in with correct primary nic and then I was able to use MI to uninstall the cisco vpn software. - SMal.tmcc 1 year ago

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ