Best Practices Question
Any one have problems with upgrading to K1000 7.0 or K2000 4.0
12/13/2016 2999 views
Just wanting to see if any groups have completed latest upgrade to the K1000 and/or K2000 and if there are any problems, issues with the latest version...We are planning an upgrade soon, thought I would check on here to see peoples reactions, comments.
Community Chosen Answer
Please log in to answer
There are good things as well as drawbacks to both actually.
- The ability to View your ServiceDesk tickets without having to take the long way around to check your ticket queue.
- The RUN NOW ability on software distribution.
- Added information for Users under settings
- The ability to have a 3 TB virtual device
- Archiving computers. You will be able to save device information of old computers without using precious licenses
- Better security. My K1000 went from a C+ to an A+ on a security site.
- The Asset, Device, and Submitter fields have all been moved to the left side of the queue, and move to the right after the ticket has been submitted. That will cause a lot of changing of the ticket layout.
- Extra Location added to Assets. You will have to set a new location on Assets because of the new field.
- 64Bit for better security and more speed
- Faster imaging of devices through the imaging function
- Being able to capture images through a RSA
- RSA devices take a minimum of 1TB.
It's all up to you on what you want to use. If you don't have the datacenter space, don't upgrade the K2000 yet. If you have a lot of Service Desk queues, give yourself some time to think out the upgrade of the K1000.
Answered 12/14/2016 by: zgillette