Another patching best practice question.
I have the following criteria i'm trying to design for:
1. Patch approximately 2000 servers (2003,2008,2012) - 2003 have extended support
2. Servers spread out over 7 sites.
3. Patch monthly
4. OS patches and updates only (no application patching, no service packs)
5. Will always reboot after patching
6. Most servers are patch, reboot, forget.
7. Some servers require pre or post processing (shut down/ start services, etc)
-Assuming i use replication shares, how do I target servers to patch from a particular replication share?
-What would be best practice in how i create patch packages and assigning them to servers?
-What is the best way to patch servers with Kace when servers need pre or post patching?
-What is the easiest way to maintain the servers within each patch group? (add or remove servers as new servers are built, pulled from group temporarily).
Please log in to answer
Posted by: ronco 5 years ago