Adobe Illustrator CS5 silent install?
This is well known software, but I cannot find anything about silent installation and deployment. I really would like to avoid repackaging it, I'd rather use vendor's setup files.
There is a set-up.exe but during the installation I need to switch on/off some of the components, and of course type licence key. Is there a way to do it silently? Some xml file with these settings maybe?
Great thanks in advance, Lucas.
Chapter # 5 in the below link http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/creativesuite/pdfs/AdobeApplicationManagerEnterpriseEditionDeployGuide.pdf
This should help you.
The Adobe tool is not a deployment tool. It simply makes a package for you that can be distributed silently. There are a lot of quirks and pitfalls when deploying Adobe CS* products if you're planning to deploy it while users are using the computer.
Just what i can think of right now:
- Browsers and MS office applications can not run during installation
- The generated installer does not support beiing run with a progressbar (/qb switch). This can be fixed easily with a transform.
- The bigger packages (Master Collection, Design Premium) are usually too big for the standard configmgr client cache. Either run from DP or increase the cache size before deploying.
- Acrobat Professional and some other products must be installed and patched separately.
- Acrobat Professional 9 Office-plugins can break Outlook 2010.
@ bkelly - that looks helpful, but how to specify which components I want to install, and which not? I need to uncheck "all components" and choose only two of them in installation menu...
@ dugullett - thanks, I saw that before, however I believe it describes only deployment using Adobe tools, my package needs to be deployed in SCCM...
I have no more hope, I'm starting Repackager :)
I hope Chapter # 5 in the below link should help you
Ok, thank you a lot.
This tools works great, and now I have MSI :)
@ Ifan, the /qb switch does not work, but /q works perfect.
Now I have to figure out, how to install updates. I cannot use the Adobe Application Manager anymore, cause it supports only .zip files delivered by Adobe/downloaded from their web site, and I have to install update which is not yet availabe there, and these are exe files. I hope there is a simple way to install them silently.