Acrobat 9 Standard French Menus / GPO

Hello All,

I looked around a bit for what my situation but could not find exactly what I'm experiencing. I can deploy a patched 9.1 version of Acrobat 9 Standard but the menu items are in French when creating a PDF from Word 2007, everything else in Acrobat is in English I have followed the steps in one of Adobe's white paper, "Adobe Acrobat 9 Deployment on Microsoft Windows Group Policy and AD service"

1. Unpacked the "ACRO0_Win_ESD1_WWEFG.exe" file we downloaded from adobe's website, it comes with English/French/German version of Acrobat.
2. Created the MSI distribution point:
msiexec /a \\AcroPro.msi
3. Then I patched that MSI distribution point with 9.1
msiexec /a "croPro.msi /p \patch_file
4. Copied all files that were extracted from the download via Adobe's site except for the original AcroPro.msi into the patched MSI distribution point.
5. Used Acrobat 9's custimization wizard in order to add the serial number, remove any previous versions of Acrobat Reader/Acrobat and saved it as the 1033.mst file (If I'm not mistaken this is the MST used for English).
6. Finally I create a GPO and push it out to a test system we have that has Office 2007. The install appears to work fine, the serial number and the EULA are taken care of. We are able to create PDF's but the problem shows up when we try to create a PDF from Word 2007. Using the icon in the ribbon from Word 2007 the menus all appear in FRENCH! I have tried various scenarious but cannot for the life of me figure out why Acrobat is all in English but the menus in Word 2007 are French.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

I just tried it on my test machine with Office 2003 and still get the same issue, Acrobat 9 menus are in English but when creating a PDF from Word 2003 they are in French, even when going through File - Print.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (1)

Posted by: duck112 13 years ago
Yellow Belt
I just downloaded the Acrobat9 Prof Ext and the customization wizard.
Please check that one, because I saw while checking that it has french as standard.
Within the customization wizard check the registry keys under HKEY_Current_User/Software/Adobe/Adobe Acrobat/9.0/Language

As value for "UI" I get there "FRA". And under both "current" and "next" I get for "(default)" the value "exlang32.fra".
As far as I understand it, You always have three .dll's.
The "regular" english one, ending with ".dll". Then a french one, ending with ".fra" and a german one ending ".deu".
Try to change it here within the wizard to the wanted one and tell me whether it worked or not!

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ