/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png
05/19/2019 143 views

Just tried to update our SDA from 6.0.425 to 6.1.251 and it failed. Something about the database schema checks returning differences.


I've logged a call with Quest. Just frustrating because this was a planned change that was scheduled during the weekend when Quest support doesn't work.


Here are the relevant log entries":

==================


[Sat May 18 17:31:36 BST 2019] [notice] K2000 Server Update Canceled, failed database schema checks, see previous lines for specific errors, contact KACE Support at https://support.quest.com/contact-support to upgrade properly.




IM_LOG_IMAGE_CAPTURE.IM_SYSTEM_IMAGE_ID[Default] is:'0' should be: ''

IM_LOG_IMAGE_CAPTURE.IM_SYSTEM_IMAGE_ID[Key] is:'MUL' should be: ''

IM_LOG_IMAGE_CAPTURE.IM_SYSTEM_IMAGE_ID[Null] is:'NO' should be: ''

IM_LOG_IMAGE_CAPTURE.IM_SYSTEM_IMAGE_ID[Type] is:'bigint(20) unsigned' should be: ''


There were differences detected.

second db: two

first db: one


[Sat May 18 17:31:36 BST 2019] [notice] one is KBDB, two is /kbox/sql/factory.sql

[Sat May 18 17:30:31 BST 2019] [notice] Verifying that KBDB Database matches expected schema...

[Sat May 18 17:29:46 BST 2019] [notice] XXX===========================================================================

[Sat May 18 17:29:46 BST 2019] [notice] XXX Begin K2000 Server Update to 6.1.251 from 6.0.425


==================



Anyone seen this before? If anyone knows how to fix this without support, please let me know. T.I.A.




Not sure if it's related, but we do have some Mac system image entries in the system which refuse to delete. They were created on an RSA and when I try to delete them there I get the "Oops!" error screen. I think I might need to kill that RSA and replace it.


Answer Summary:
0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments


Answer Chosen by the Author

0

Quest Support was able to repair the database. Although I believe it took 12hrs total work time.


We have been upgrading our SDA for about a decade. Somewhere along the line something messed up the database. The issue is usually caused by importing packages from an older version but I did not make that mistake. Last import was from v4.1.x to v4.1.x. Then updated with each new release as they came along. Everything seemed fine until 6.1.

Answered 06/14/2019 by: mcnaugha
Senior Yellow Belt

All Answers

0

contact Support. You can also prepare by creating a tether.
Settings | Support | Tether

Could it be that your appliance has crashed since the 6.0 update?

To solve it without support:
1. export all of your packages
2. setup a new appliance (6.1 is fully fine!)
3. import the exported packages

Answered 05/19/2019 by: Nico_K
Red Belt

  • Thank you for your reply.

    I don't think it has crashed. The only problem we've had is the faulty Mac system images which won't delete. I just tried replacing the RSA with the issue but the SDA still won't delete the erroneous system images.

    I might wait for support because we have 27 RSA's and I would need to re-link them. I've kicked-off a package export to prepare anyway.
    • this could be linked, since the database which holds the imaging info is affected (and I seen database corruptions only with crashed servers, where the backend file system is affected too)