Many people use PDF (Portable Document Format) in their regular assignments, works, tasks when sharing documents with others. PDF-encoded documents, forms, photographs, web pages, can be viewed on any computer such as smartphones and tablets. But sometimes, due to some error, it shows the PDF file damaged and cannot be repaired.
Because of its convenience and adaptability with other platforms, people consider PDF a priority while exchanging electronic documents. But that does not mean it is free of errors and hurdles.
Even though PDF is a safe document, it can be compromised by external viruses and other internal attacks, resulting in an error message that the file is damaged and could not be repaired. This bug prevents users from accessing their PDF files. Before getting into that, have a look at the following solutions to repair corrupt PDF files online free and the root causes behind it.
Why Do We Get This Error Message while Accessing the PDF File?
Well, there could be many possible reasons behind this error popping up on your screen while working with the PDF file format. To fix this issue PDF file damaged and cannot be repaired, you need to know a bit about what is causing the error. A few numbers of reasons are listed below:
- If the PDF file is not downloaded properly: Any form of interruption while downloading the PDF file can lead to the error PDF file damaged and cannot be repaired. Such as when you restart the downloading process or when your device turns off automatically.
- Virus or malware attack on your computer: These malicious data can harm the structure of your PDF file.
- Due to the interaction with incompatible third-party software.
- Improper shutdown of the system you are working with can cause PDF file damaged and cannot be repaired error.
- If there is an interruption while transferring or copying the PDF file.
- Maybe the PDF file itself is corrupted.
- Maybe because the version of Adobe you have does not support modern PDF files.
- Due to temporary files or caches.
- Complicated programs can slow down the process and cause errors.
These above-mentioned key points could be the common causes due to which people keep hovering over the internet looking for the best PDF repair tool. We will now look at some manuals as well as an expert method to get rid of this error.
How to Deal with the Damaged or Corrupted PDF Files?
As we have seen above several root causes behind the problem. There is a list of solutions too to repair your damaged or corrupted PDF files. Follow up the manual solutions to fix the corrupt PDFfile online free error:
- Download the PDF file again as the error might come because of its improper way of downloading e.g. any interruption occurred in the middle of the process.
- Change or check your platform in which you are trying to access the PDF file. Try another reader tool if needed.
- Uninstall the Adobe acrobat software from the system and reinstall the latest version of it again. Now check if the PDF file damaged and cannot repaired error is fixed. You can repair or uninstall your PDF reader from the control panel(if you are a windows user).
- Acrobats' overly security settings could also cause this error. In this scenario, you need to change the security settings which would help to resolve the error. Follow up the below steps to change the security settings in Adobe Acrobat.
Open Adobe PDF Acrobat and choose Edit from the toolbar.
Now, select Preferences in the Edit menu.
- Clear the Enable Enhanced Security option under Enhanced Security. Make sure the Protected View is turned off before proceeding.
- Clear all the temporary files and caches from your system as well as from your browser. You can do that following the below-mentioned steps.
Open the Control Panel on your system, choose Internet Options.
Now check the below box as shown below then click on Apply and Ok.
Read here: Recover PST Password From Outlook Data File
Looking for how to Repair Damaged PDF File Free Download?
For minor to moderate harm, these manual solutions have proven to be successful for issues like a PDF file broken and cannot be repaired. To resolve the above using a professional method, here is a tool called PDF Recovery Tool. It repairs and recovers your data from a corrupt or damaged file and restores it in an accessible format with ease.
Furthermore, there is no need to be concerned about the Adobe Reader version or the operating system on which the PDF Recovery is taking place.
We have now seen several reasons why people keep looking for solutions for PDF file damaged and cannot be repaired error on the internet. To do it manually we have discussed a few solutions that might help you resolve it. But if you are not that much aware of the Adobe Acrobat software, you can undoubtedly opt for the professional tool.
I hope you found this blog beneficial in finding a solution to your problem. Thank you for reading!.