Laziness is the engine of progress. It sometimes allows you to develop a solution for automation.
Remote Install Application-the idea is not new, but similar variations, in the same performance the author of the program is not known.
The software is designed to run commands on a remote computer. The principle of the program is similar to the utility PSExec from Mark Rusinovich.
PSExec is a console program for performing remote tasks on a computer.
This program is analogous, but with its own interface. Software components from PSExec are not included in this solution.
Let's take a closer look at the application after the first launch.
Please select your language.
There are two languages to choose from – Russian and English.
English is the international language of communication.
Russian language is the mother tongue in which the author of the program speaks fluently.
We consider the replenishment of languages for the interface of this application if the program is a little popular in IT circles.
Read the License agreement carefully.
After accepting the License agreement, the program interface is launched, which We will consider.
Tab «Install application»
This tab is the main one. It is from this tab that everything began.
In the very first version of the release of the program was just one tab. Later, the solution did not scale.
The tab contains elements:
1) Enter computername. Use this window to enter the names of the remote computer on which you want to run the command. You can enter the computer name or ip address of the remote computer.
2) Enter command for install. This can be either a standard command in windows, for example-ipconfig, or it can be a command to silently install an application. You can run bat/cmd/exe files on the remote computer. Accordingly, you must know where the required executable files are located on the remote computer (drive C:\ or D:\ and in which folder), and have the necessary permissions to run (Administrator).
By the way, about the necessary files to run – help tab Copy files, but more on that later.
3) Checkbox delete service install. It is used at will-when works on the remote computer are carried out. For example: the software is installed or a command is executed on a remote computer. If you do not need an additional service on the computer with which the program interacts – it can be removed.
4) Checkbox Install witch login user and password. I do not have it – you say! Immediately reassure you – this check mark appears on the computer which is a member of the domain. If you run the program at home on a computer that is not connected to the domain or your company computers are in a workgroup, the interface window will be immediately
display the user login and password prompt. I emphasize that you need to enter the username and password of the Remote computer, not the one that you have on your computer.
In General, I have not tested this solution in the working group. If you find errors in the program, please let me know.
It is advisable to send the log file that is created in the folder with the program.
5) Button Install application. This button is necessary to run on the remote computer, what you have entered in the Command field.
After clicking this button, the progress will be displayed on the right in the information window. Namely:
1) DotNet Search-it is necessary for the program to work
2) Search for the service to install. If it is not installed, it will be installed if you have the necessary rights on the remote computer.
3) Run the command itself. After you run the software installation command, you can monitor the progress of the installation in the View processes Tab on the remote computer. I will write more about this tab below. If you ran the command and decided to output the results of the command to a text file.
ipconfig /all >> c:\ip.txt
After you run the program, you can go to the computer on which the program was run on the SMB path and see the ip file.txt \ \ remote computer name\c$
If errors occur, the error is displayed in red in the information window.
I tried to make the interface as intuitive and clear as possible, but I understand that the first acquaintance with the program may require some training or reading this manual.
Tab «Copy files».
As promised-back to the tab "Copy files" which contains two fields to fill:
1) From: Patch for copy – the path where the files will be copied.
Can be used on your PC with Windows on drive D:
files will be copied from this path.
2) To: Path for copy - location is the path where the files will be copied. It is assumed that the remote computer on which the software will be installed.
An example of the path:
\\remote computer name\C$\appinstall\java
The meaning of this tab is to copy the distribution for silent installation of the program on a remote computer.
3) Button «Copy files». Clicking this button starts copying files.
You can not use this tab and copy the files yourself to the remote computer by going to the smb path \\computer name\C$.
Whatever suits you.
Tab «Install on multiple computers»
The meaning of this tab is its name. If you want to run a command or install the program on several computers, you can use this tab. There are no copy to multiple computers tabs yet. Not very convenient. Maybe I will fix it in future versions.
On this tab there is only one button – «Open file with computer names».
To execute a command or install the software on several workstations, you need to create a txt file with computer names or ip addresses.
After selecting the file-automatically creates a button, when you click which, consistently begins installation on computers from the list in a text file.
Tab «View process on remote computer»
This tab presents:
1) Button «View processes on the remote computer». Use this button to view running processes on a remote computer. Do not forget to specify the computer name in the program Installation tab-computer Name. Even if you forget about it – the system will notify you about it and move to the desired Tab. After clicking the button, a list of processes on the remote computer is generated. Made this tab for easy viewing when installing the application remotely.
2) Filter processes by name-used for convenience, namely to filter the desired process in the list.
Tab «View install software».
The tab similar to the previous one is used for inventory of already installed SOFTWARE.
For example, you decide to install the application, copy the files, run the installation, to view the processes saw that the process has already completed. How do I know if the app has been installed? You can use this tab.
1) Button «Check installed software». Runs a software inventory on a remote computer to make sure that the program is installed.
2) Filter installed programs by name. For the convenience of finding the necessary program.
Tab «About program».
I will be glad if the program will help you and simplify the work of installing programs.
Please tell your friends, colleagues and acquaintances about this program in social networks.
Link information from