Today i would be sharing with you the steps to create a profile of Microsoft project 2007. Follow the below mentioned steps.
1. In my earlier post of creating profiled application of Mozilla Firefox, i have shared with you , how to create a profiled application
2. Next click the below link http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX118396/. The process of customizing office applications is pretty big. Hence i wont get into explaining the whole procedure and would leave that as an exercise to the packager.
3. Once done with the customization of the project 2007, you need to make sure that you have added the below registry in your msp.
These will suppress the first run screen, that you usually get when launching the project 2007 shortcut for the first time in any user.
4. Next under the help menu of project 2007 there are some options related to online activation and other help option, that are usually not desired and hence can safely be removed. For this, launch project 2007 shortcut, go to Tools->Customize->Toolbars. Choose the commands tab. Click the Rearrange Commands. Refer the following image for the same
on the next window that opens after clicking Rearrange commands,go to menu bar radio button, and from the drop down choose the help option as follows
remove all the unnecessary options leaving only the ones as mentioned in the above image. Now as soon as you do this, a file under %appdata%\Microsoft\MS Project\12\1033\Global.mpt. This is the file that contains all the setting, to all the options that you wish to remove from any of the menu bar options, like the one we just did in the above step.
Now you all might be thinking that the only work that remains, is profiling application and your are done...right!!!!. But just a step more and then definately you are done. hmm, so lets get down to it.
5. Recall, i mentioned something about userprofile issues of XenApp 6.5. For all those who recalled, Cheers!!! you have started getting grip on XenApp. For all those , who are still struggling in recalling, what i mentioned about per user profile, the answer is prelaunch vbs file that would copy the per user related file to its location.
6. Now i would leave that as an exercise to creating prelaunch script and inserting it in the profiled application,as an exercise to the user, since i already mentioned , in my earlier article, where in i copied the prefs.js file to the per user location(Enough of the hint, this should ring some bells in your mind).
7. For the newbies, who need some help regarding the above steps, please refer the following link
Hope the above steps,prove to be of some help to the users.
Please feel free to suggest any changes and mistakes in the above article. I would really appreciate that!!!