We’re very excited to announce the release of Privilege Manager 3.0. Version 3.0 is a significant step forward in Privilege Manager’s functionality and capabilities with a focus on helping administrators find applications that require admin rights and quickly create rules for them. This release also features easier deployment and configuration to reduce the time-to-value for customers deploying Privilege Manager. We added user self-service features and additional reporting functionality to reduce the burden on the help desk and ease auditing.
Learn more at : http://www.quest.com/desktop-authority-management-suite/ or
Privilege Manager 3.0 new features include:
- Enhanced and Simplified Rule Generation –The product now includes some of the most frequently-used rules directly in the application without the need to visit the community. Also the product now includes the ability to run in discovery mode for a period of time and actually discover which applications are being used which require administrative privileges. Once the applications are discovered, it is simple to create elevation rules so user privileges can be lowered without disruption.
- Self-Service Elevation – This feature allows users to request elevated privileges whenever they come across an application for which no rule already exists. This feature actually prompts the user when an application requires elevated privileges, and if they request elevated rights then a request will be sent to the administrator who can approve or deny it, optionally notifying the user via email once the request has been processed.
- Instant Elevation – This feature allows for select users to perform their own elevations without administrator approval, within controlled parameters, and with tracking of elevation activity for reporting and auditing purposes.
- User Interface and Workflow Improvements – The administrator can now scan workstations to find users that belong to the Local Administrators Group, and then selectively remove them to enforce a least privileged environment. We have also listened to your requests and have added refinements to the setup process, which also includes optional notification for the users when new rules have been applied.
- New Platform Support – Privilege Manager 3.0 introduces support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 for console and servers, and support for SQL Server 2012. In addition to Windows XP and Windows 7 (x86 and x64).
Privilege Manager has always represented the best value in Windows privilege management solutions. With version 3.0, we listened to your feedback and worked hard to make it even better. Try Privilege Manager 3.0 today, and let us know what we can do to make it even better.