If you looking at the best way to import their Lotus Notes NSF data into Office 365 cloud account without wasting any money then you in right place. Today we will discuss how to convert Lotus Notes NSF mailbox data into Office 365 platform. As we know that Lotus Notes and Office 365 both are the most popular email clients. Before starting the discussion about the "Lotus Notes to Office 365" conversion process, we need to know about both email clients. In the article, we will describe the manual method of this conversion task.
Lotus Notes- Lotus Notes is one of the most popular desktop-based email clients, which was developed by IBM Company in 1989 and was bought by IBM Community in 1995. It is also the most useful email server because of its email management system and database security technology. It saves his entire user's mailbox data in NSF (Notes Storage Facility) file format. The biggest drawback of the Lotus Notes NSF file is that many email clients do not support the NSF file format, which is why many IBM Notes users are moving to other email clients and email servers.
Office 365- Office 365 is the cloud-based email client that is developed by Microsoft. It stores the user’s data in the cloud and the best part of the Office 365 is that it easily operates on any device without any hurdle. It gives provides much more functionality and advanced security to secure the data of the users. That the reason all the users switching their email systems to Exchange Online for the benefit of low cost and high efficiency.
Reason behind of Lotus Notes to Office 365 Conversion-
· Lotus Notes is not as user-friendly as Office 365.
· O365 gives high security and attractive features to compare of Lotus Notes
· Office 365 easily works in any device.
· The maintenance Cost of Lotus Notes is high compare to Office 365.
· Comparing to IBM Notes the Office 365 is easier to operate
· To work with Lotus Notes need high technical knowledge.
How to migrate NSF file into Office 365-
There are two methods to migrate Lotus Notes NSF mailbox data into Exchange Online cloud account, one is the Manual step and another is a third-party solution. Here we will discuss the manual steps of the conversion task-
Note- Before starting the process, I want to tell you that this process is not 100% secure so you should backup of all your mailbox data before starting it.
There are two steps to work with the manual method-
Step 1- Export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST
Step 2- Import Outlook PST to Office 365
Export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST-
To Export Lotus Notes NSF data into Outlook PST format, follow these steps-
- Firstly, Launch the Lotus Notes program.
- Now hit on the File menu and click on the Export option.
- In the Export dialogue box, enter the file name and file location for saving in Comma Separated Value format (CSV).
- Now Launch MS Outlook program
- Select the File menu and click the Import/Export option.
- In the Import and Export Wizard dialogue box select Import from another program option then hit on Next button.
- Now select CSV file and click on Next.
- Then give the saving path to the NSF file from your local PC where you want to save his IBM NSF data then click on the Next button.
- And last click the finish option to start the process.
- After the process will be completed the NSF data convert into Outlook PST format.
Here half of the manual process has been completed to convert Lotus Notes NSF mailbox data to an Exchange Online account. Now we will move on to another process…
Import Outlook PST to Office 365-
To import the Outlook PST data into Office 365 cloud follow step by step-
- Firstly, give Sharing Permissions to the folder where the PST file saved.
- Now Open the Office 365 account then click on Admin Center >> Exchange.
- In the Exchange Admin Center click on Permissions >> Organization Management>> + Sign >> select the Mailbox Import Export and Save it.
- Now go to the Setup under the Admin options >> Data Migration >> Upload PST file.
- Then click New Import Job >> Provide a job name >> Next >> select Upload your data >> Next.
- A a new window will open and here click on Show Network Upload SAS URL and copy the URL >> Download and install Azure AzCopy >> Open Azure Window.
- After open the Azure AzCopy Storage tool put the command: AzCopy.exe /Source:\\network path /Dest: ”SAS URL” /V:
- Now provide the path where you want to save the log file \AzCopy.log /Y and hit Enter key on the keyboard.
- Close the storage tool and now create a CSV file >> Open Import data window and check both Mapping file options.
- Then select mapping file >> Upload CSV file >> Validate it.
- When the file successfully validates click to save
- When the process will be completed, the PST file has been exported into Office 365.
- Now go back to the import window and click the ready to import option. Then a new window will open >> here you can export the whole or the selected data into Office 365 Mailbox.
By using these steps the users can easily convert all the Lotus Notes NSF mailbox data into Office 365 without any hard effect.
Try another solution to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 read here- https://www.itninja.com/link/reliable-lotus-notes-to-office-365-migration-solution
Conclusion- Hopefully, you will know through this article how to migrate Lotus Notes NSF file into Office 365 mailbox. I hope you will be satisfied with this article by following the step-by-step guide. Try this method that is totally free of cost. If you have any questions about this process please tell us, we will try to solve them quickly.