In this new video I want to show you how to take advantage of the new features introduced with the K1000 version 6.4 that eliminate completely the need to use external tools.
The basic idea I will show you in the video is the following:
- Create an asset subtype for the Device asset type with some additional fields representing the disk space used by the appliance volumes.
- Create a SNMP Inventory Configuration specific for the K1000.
- Enable SNMP in the appliance settings.
- Add the appliance as an Agentless device.
- Apply to it the SNMP Configuration and the Asset Subtype create in the previous steps.
In the video I go through the procedure to monitor the K1000 but with some small adjustment you can create a specific Asset Subtype and SNMP Configuration for the K2000 as well.