Our product, BarKode for KACE, has been in the market place for a number of years and has been providing value to KACE customs wanting to make their Asset Management Processes come alive. Whilst Quest has recently bought their own Barcode scanning functionality to the Go App, we are still finding that customers are still choosing to purchase our product, just simply because our function rich UI makes processes far more efficient.
Our aim has always been to continue to bring additional functionality through our additional toolset and as such this blog is a quick "look behind the scenes" at our soon to be released BarKode v3.1, so you can check out how useful BarKode will be for your KACE environment.
Firstly the following features have been aligned with the new 7.1 KACE System Management Appliance
- BarKode addresses, creates and updates any Asset type or Subtype of Asset
- BarKode aligns the use of required data fields when used in the BarKode UI and KACE UI
- BarKode now uses the data fields for Location as User** as seen in the Device Inventory
- LineaPro devices now enabled to scan Location value for Location scan and other double scan functionality
**Although we recommend that customers add a User field to every Asset type to denote ownership, as this provides uniform best practice
So when comparing the latest version of BarKode to the KACE Go app, we offer the following additional features and function:
- Multi Scan Function - The ability to set data values for a number of Asset type fields, then scan multiple assets in quick succession, ideal for Goods In Processes
- Secondary Scanning - The ability to scan additional data values into the asset record i.e Serial Numbers, Mac Addresses or IMEI numbers into any plain text field
- Location based scanning - The ability to set the location then scan any asset type found at that location, setting the location value in the process
- User based scanning - The ability to scan multiple Asset Types and associate to an owner, ideal for Starters and Leavers processes
- Laser Scanning - Through the addition of LineaPro laser device integration for IOS devices.
New Release Functionality
So adding to all of the above value we are now also just about to release the following functionality into v3.1:
Manage Consumable assets such as paper, ink, toner or mice, set minimum stock levels and alerts, scan in and out consumable stock, introduce accountability through the BarKode UI.
Select to audit either by Owner or by Location, see the assets associated in the BarKode UI and watch the checklist work through until all items are found and scanned, with built in processes for dealing with exceptions.
To find out more, to test BarKode 3.1 on your KACE SMA, to see a short demo or to ask about upgrading contact us here
Indigo Mountain are KACE Professional Services Partners based in the UK with customers Globally