How to create a response.ini file for the silent installation of the Windows Suite.
1) put the CD in computer
2) open a MS-DOS window or command prompt
3) cd to the CD-ROM directory (g:)
4) type dir at prompt to locate the setup directory
5) cd to the setup directory - type dir again to locate rssetup.exe
6) now that you have located the rssetup.exe at the command line type "g:\setup>rssetup ?" this will bring up an information GUI window displaying the "switches" available. Look for -autocapture, this is the one you need for doing the silent install. (click ok)
7)at the command line you should be able to type "rssetup(space)-autocapture" this creates the response.ini file, which captures the installation this response.ini file gets saved to a default location c:\program files\rational\rssetup (unless other wise indicated)
8) now you will begin to go through the installation process, choose product and continue on as you would a regular install.
9) then it will ask you if you want to proceed withthe actual installation - at this point click on cancel and it will save the the information you have just created to the default location noted above.
10) you can now go to the response.ini file and open it with notepad and you can do any post editing your install may require - see rational''s supported whitepaper on the silent install for futher information on editing and post commands located http://www.rational.com/products/whitepapers/silent_install/whitepaper.htm
To run the silent install type in th entire path to where the response.ini file is located at the command line,
(example: rssetup.exe -silent -reponse:\\cardinal\prog_f\rational\rssetup response.ini)
SOURCE: Rational Knowledge Base Solution Id #23357