Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!Sign up! or login
To perform a batch install, you should first extract the installer, and then create a batch install script in the usual way. Ensure that the location of the executables is on a drive that can be shared by all clients. Preferably, the same drive letter can be used on all clients.
An outline of the procedure is detailed below:
1) Use 7-Zip or an alternative tool to extract the Modelsim executable (e.g. modelsim-win32-10.0-se.exe) to a location of your choice.
2) Run the Install.exe which came from the above extraction
3) In the tools menu, select “Batch Wizard”, then “Wizard”
4) Select the installer executable.
Use the browse button to browse to the "modelsim-win32-10.0-se.exe" executable you ran in (2) above.
5) Select the source.
This should be the modelsim installer you extracted in step 1 above (e.g. modelsim-win32-10.0-se.exe).
6) Specify your target location – C:\Modelsim for example
7) Select your products
The same product options will be installed on all machines.
8) Select “Don’t prompt every time”, and Agree
9) Leave the next three questions unticked
(Unless you specifically want those options)
10) Save the batch file, select Done and Exit
Now you can use that batch file for the silent Install
View inventory records anonymously contributed by opt-in users of the K1000 Systems Management Appliance.
Questions & Answers related to Model Technology ModelSim-Altera 6.1g Web Edition