1) The Google Chrome download is a 474K bootstrapper that downloads the setup bits. The Full Offline Installer can be downloaded from : http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/149.27/chrome_installer.exe
2) As its a non-MSI extractor, which installs silently...took a setup cature of it...
3) Google Chrome is a per-user application. It even installs in the per-user LocalAppDataFolder(which is weird), Hence introduced Active Setup registry in my package to facilitate a per user install...and the installation works fine...
Google's Chrome browse using a sandboxing technology which is not currently compatible with ThinApp (which also provides sandboxing)
I found you can disable Chrome's sandboxing mechanism using "--no-sandbox" command-line parameter and then it works under ThinApp. So here is a temporary solution:
1. During packaging process, after installing Google Chrome, add an extra shortcut to the startmenu that contains the Target command "Chrome.exe --no-sandbox"
2. Make sure to select this EXE as user-accessible entry point
Optionally, if you have the package already captured you can edit package.ini like this