This one was a challenge for me which is why I marked it Difficult, it should not be for you if you are able to repeat these steps.
- Install on a pc with a -r to get response file (aka: answer or record file)
- Do the same for the uninstall
- INSTALL setup.exe -r /f1:"%TEMP%\flowel.iss" (if -r doesnt work then do /r)
- UNINSTALL setup.exe -r /f1:"%TEMP%\uninstall.iss"
The kicker is you need to have GhostScript installed before Flowel, but the vendors install will still install it despite it being there, so I found a trick to keep everything silent to the user.
- 1st off, install GhostScript with the following commandline:
- %INST%\setupgs.exe C:\GS (if you try and install setup without path to where you want it installed, it will never be slient)
- next install %INST%\setup.exe /s /sms f1:"%INST%\flowel.iss" (if using Wisescript DONT select "Wait for Program to Exit")(reason being is your trying to get ahead of it and check for running process so you can stop it before finishing)
- If file usermanagement.exe doesnt exist (last file installed by flowel)
- then wait for SetupEx.exe to Exist (once exist, check next step)
- If file %ProgramFiles%\Flowel4\gs705w32.exe exist then delete it (this will keep it from trying to run again, and it wont cause an error)
- as a last resort, Watch for process gs705w32.exe to exist and kill it if it shows up.
- lastely check for setupex.exe and kill it if it exist.
Setup Type: Legacy Setup with command line support
Deployment Method Used: Vendor Provided Command Line (answer file driven)