Deployment Environment: SCCM 2007r2
Network Environment: ActiveDirectory
Windows Environment: Windows 7 x86 / x64
During the installation you will be prompted to download software from Intel to upgrade certain math libraries. I am behind a proxy and users will be prompted to provide creditials to get past it.
To get around this problem I did the following:
01. Installed scilab 5.3.2 (64-bit)
02. Downloaded and installed the updates from Intel
03. Copied the Program Files\scilab-5.3.2 folder
04. Copied the ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\scilab-5.3.2 (64-bit) folder
05. Copied the Desktop short
06. Created a custom .msi using Wise Admin Studio
06a. This will take a long time re-packaging all 18,342 files. Make sure you have plenty of time to do this.
07. Deployed the customized .msi and everything operates normally without an actual installation. Just copying files to the locations listed above.