Any ideas what would cause this?

I have regular patch jobs that are hanging at "Scheduled" as if they begin their first step, but don't further. Every existing and new schedule does this. Same for detect, deploy and detect & deploy. I tried removing the agent and all data from a client and reinstalling, but no change. Lekewise when I rebooted the K1000. They were fine last week. No change to my server settings. I'm checking with our network staff to see if they know of any changes.
K1000 - Version: 6.4.120261
Clients are mostly Windows servers, but I tested a Win 7 machine with the same result. 

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Answer Summary:
1 Comment   [ + ] Show Comment


  • @jhsauls - Thanks. That seemed to do the trick, though I already had my agents checking in at 4 hours. I checked the recommended settings and changed mine to 12 hours for now. Also adjusted the metering and scripting update as they were a bit high.
Please log in to comment

Answer Chosen by the Author

Check out my question and answers here. I had a similar issue:
Answered 03/17/2016 by: jhsauls
Senior White Belt

Please log in to comment


Basically because there is another task already running on that device (inventory/script/etc). 
Once that other task is done, the patch task will run. 
Answered 03/17/2016 by: brucegoose03
Second Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity