Hello, all. I am a neophyte when it comes to KACE and I have been working to learn as much as I can about how to set this up to do what we want. One thing that I have not been able to figure out is why my discovery using AD always finds 0 nodes. As far as I can tell, I have set up the report using the correct search context. I have tried our internal and external IP address for AD. Nothing seems to make a difference. I know that this is going to not be a simple cut and dry answer as there are a number of possible causes. Can anyone provide me with helpful pointers or commonly seen causes for this issue?
1 Comment   [ + ] Show Comment

Comments

  • Have you created the GPO to deploy the agent from your AD?
    • I am assuming it was set up when it was installed. It was installed 6 months ago before I was hired so I will have to double check. I know that it can at least communicate with AD since we sync our users.
      • GPO provisioning is not mandatory, agents can be deployed manually, or via K1 itself.

        Now, you do not need GPO or the agent to discover devices. Make sure your Kbox can ping the AD server IP (Control Panel > Support > troubleshooting tools), also make sure it is the same domain that's in Settings > Network Settings > Domain

        Maybe in your search context, try to point to the main domain controller, do not specify any OU yet.

        Of course, an AD admin account must be used for this.
    • This content is currently hidden from public view.
      Reason: Removed by member request
      For more information, visit our FAQ's.
Please log in to comment

Answers

0
I figured out what the issue was. Even though the instructions on the screen show to use the log in user's email address, I had to change it to Domain\Username before it would work.
Answered 12/06/2017 by: jessburd
White Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Share