Using Recipe Files
1. Download and install the latest version of the AppDeploy Repackager
2. If you have not already, download and install the subject application. Customize the installation as desired.
3. Run the AppDeploy Repackager
- Choose the "Build packages based on existing recipe file" option.
- Specify the location of the recipe (xml) file.
- You will then be notified of any missing file or registry keys. You choose "Ignore missing items and continue" or browse for any missing files to ensure they are included. For missing registry items, you may try launching the application and adjusting options/settings in order to generate missing subkeys (then press the "Rescan Registry" button). In some cases it may be acceptable to continue with missing items (especially registry keys) which may not be needed based on your installation and configuration choices.
4. Update the target path and MSI file name as desired and press "Next" to build the MSI package. By default the MSI package will be stored at %PROGRAMFILES%\AppDeploy\Repackager\Packages
5. Test the MSI package on a local system
6. Provide feedback! Did it work well or not as expected? Let the author know by replying to the post in the Recipe Files forum where you obtained the recipe. Also, please rate the post accordingly based on your satisfaction with the recipe.
There are no answers at this time
so that the conversation will remain readable.