As you can see in the attacted files we get a error on some Windows 7 (Ultimate) laptops saying that there is a problem with KUpdater.exe. Have anyone seen this error before? It shows a few times a day.

Best Regards
Anders Nielsen



0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
I've seen a similar error on one of our XP desktops and one XP netbook, but only once.

Casey
Answered 02/08/2011 by: cmccracken
Orange Senior Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Make certain you are on the latest version and build of the agent (http://www.kace.com/support/customer/downloads.php )

If you already are then please open a support ticket for errors of this nature.
Answered 02/08/2011 by: GillySpy
Seventh Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I've seen a similar error on a small percentage of agents that failed to upgrade from one version to another. Usually an un-install/re-install takes care of the issue. That can be done manually on the computer, with a remote control session or better yet use the Agent Provisioning feature to Uninstall and Re-install on computers with upgrade issues. Rarely other methods have to be used to completely remove the agent before a re-install. I believe we have also seen temporary kupdater.exe error messages that go away on next check in. Hope that helps.
Answered 02/08/2011 by: RichB
Third Degree Green Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Kupdater is responsible for that so your scenario makes sense Rich. From a support perspective any unhandled exception is a problem we want to see. Although you may be able to work around the problem in a myriad of ways if you don't have support.

I think you got the JIT debugger error because you hit cancel on the first error. If so this would not be a kbox agent issue.
Answered 02/08/2011 by: GillySpy
Seventh Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Hi Anders,

See if the following KACE knowledge base article resolves your issue.
http://www.kace.com/support/kb/index.php?action=artikel&cat=2&id=1056&artlang=en

Let me know the results.

Kevin
Answered 02/09/2011 by: KevinG
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I ran into this issue accross many systems. According to that support article, it is an issue with the kupdater inventory having an issue interpreting IPv6 connections.

Win7 has IPv6 support enabled by default, and more systems are starting to use it, which seems to trigger this condition.

We are using Microsoft DirectAccess (which is IPv6 based) and started seeing this issue once we started turning it on.

Turning off IPv6 completely will correct it, but that is not really an option in most cases, and when across many systems it becomes difficult.

Supposedly the 5.2 client may resolve this error, which is what I am waiting on right now.
Answered 02/21/2011 by: jmagnan
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Try installing .net 1.1 SP1.
I ran into the same issue a while back. Disabling IPV6 and removing duplicate ISATAP adapters worked on some but not all. I installed service pack 1 for DotNet 1.1 and it seems to have resolved the issues on the rest of my Windows 7 clients.
Answered 02/21/2011 by: vkham
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I just removed Kace on the computers with the problem, and re-installed it. Now it works fine.
Answered 03/17/2011 by: Anqders
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity