Hi All

I am running into some special waters here trying to get the Polycom Telepresence m100 software activate through my package.
I have tried looking at all the files it installs, process monitored the activation, checked the log files which pretty much indicate that the license keys are being sent to the website and its being activated over the web for that machine.
As a last try, I wanted to post here and see if there's anyone else who worked on this. Pls tell me if I am missing out on something.

1 Comment   [ + ] Show Comment


  • this post is a bit old but i made this package last week so i think that can help some others

    for the main part of the package u just hav to get the msi in the editor exe (its an installshield executable) and do a mst

    for add the activation :

    by capturing the activation you ll get the 3 part u need for activate with the package :
    - reg key under HKCR : ".vvl" who contains the information of the licence (serial and activation code)
    - 2 files in windows directory : "configmin.dat" and "initm.in"

    u hav just to add this 3 thing in the mst

    N.B : if u made the capture on seven u need to launch polycom with elevation or the 2 files will not going in windows rep
Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.


pretty much indicate that the license keys are being sent to the website Something like WireShark would confirm that. You can monitor the data being sent, once you've established which is the target host.
Answered 01/29/2012 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity