I have a very simple script that copies a file to a folder in windows. Here is the contents of the batch file.

copy ultravnc.ini "C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\ultravnc.ini" /y

When it runs I get the error "Error creating process: c:\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\packages\kbots\1954\UVNC.cmd\ : (5) Access is denied. "

I can run the script successfully from “c:\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\packages\kbots\1954\"

My launch statement is "c:\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\packages\kbots\1954\UVNC.cmd\". I changed it from $(KACE_DEPENDENCY_DIR) because I have seen that sometimes it is better to put the path to the file.

So what is wrong?

Thanks

Jane


3 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

  • I made changes I think like you have suggested but the error has changed to (2) The system cannot find the file specified

    Here is what is in the script from the XML:
    <launch_program path="$(KACE_SYS_DIR)\cmd.exe" program="" wait="true" parms="/c move /y $(KACE_DEPENDENCY_DIR)\ultravnc.ini &quot;C:\Program Files\UltraVNC&quot;" />
    • The file ultravnc.ini is definitely in the dependency dir.
  • The program path is $(KACE_SYS_DIR)
    The program is cmd.exe
    Try that and let us know how you get on.
  • This worked great, on our Windows 7 computers. However we have a lot of computers STILL on XP and it doesn't. This is what the log shows: "Error creating process: C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd /c move /y C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\packages\kbots\1954\ultravnc.ini "C:\Program Files\UltraVNC": (0) The operation completed successfully.
    Error Code: 0"

    I copied the command and ran it from the cmd prompt manually and it said that the syntax was incorrect.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    • We have the same issue since either upgrading to 6 or an unrelated change somewhere. All of a sudden we have what looks like UAC issues. I'm at a loss as to the cause.
Please log in to comment

Answers

0
are you on kace 6?  I am having trouble with xcopy working in a offline kscript, need to trouble shoot more, but my rename and move commands worked within the same script I was running.  A quick workaround I found was to use the move command vs xcopy

  1. Launch $(KACE_SYS_DIR)\cmd.exe with params /c move /y c:\users\default\prezi c:\users\public.
  2. Launch $(KACE_SYS_DIR)\cmd.exe with params /c move /y $(KACE_DEPENDENCY_DIR)\copyredirector.bat c:\windows\w2d.
  3. Launch $(KACE_SYS_DIR)\cmd.exe with params /c move /y $(KACE_DEPENDENCY_DIR)\redirector.vbs C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown.
  4. Launch $(KACE_SYS_DIR)\cmd.exe with params /c move /y $(KACE_DEPENDENCY_DIR)\scripts.ini C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts.

Answered 08/29/2014 by: SMal.tmcc
Red Belt

  • I uploaded the files within a zip with a run.bat that failed. But it works fine as above
Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity
Admin Script Editor
Admin Script Editor is an integrated scripting environment available free here at ITNinja

Share