Wanted to get some SCCM advice as I have an issue that I can’t seem to get around. Here’s the scenario; 

  • Software updates setup on Site Server and Win7 and XP updates have been pushed down to the DP’s (+ advertised to clients)
  • Clients are notified of the required updates but sit in a “Downloading” state
  • Looking at the SMS download cache on the client (C:\windows\system32\ccm\cache) it has created the folders that sit on the DP but hasn’t downloaded the patch contents

I have tested the clients ability to download with bitsadmin and the patch .exe downloaded fine to the client cache. I have Trace32 installed and can’t see anything obvious in the client logs either. The fact the folders exist mean it’s reached out successfully to the DP… but can’t pull down the files. Any advice welcome!

1 Comment   [ + ] Show Comment

Comments

  • I am having the same issue. The workstation is in a IP Address Range. You can see it trying to download 3 Windows Updates but they never get downloaded.
Please log in to comment

Answers

1

Check your Boundaries under the Site System(s). I found that using an IP subnet does not always work, but an IP range does. Remember, no Site Systems should share ANY boundaries. Also, I found that it took about an hour for my boundary changes to take effect. Hope that helps.

Answered 09/19/2012 by: SRock68
White Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity
Nine Simple (but Critical) Tips for Effective Patch Management
This paper reviews nine simple tips that can make patch management simpler, more effective and less expensive.

Share