I am trying to create a transform for Roxio Media Creator on Windows XP but so far have had no success. I have attempted to create a log of the setup.exe by using the /l*v but nothing gets created as well as turning on msi logging in the registry. 28 logs files are created during the install!! created. I have copied all of the temporary .msi's that appear to make up the installation onto a network share and then tried to install each one individually. When I do this, I keep getting the error message Internal error 2356. Disk1. When I open up the .msi causing the error it has a media entry pointing to Disk1. I have also copied all of the .msi's off the CD and attempted to run them on their own but I keep getting the error message Please run setup.exe. I have checked the .msi and it does not contain the property issetupdriven nor the custom action onchecksilentinstall (this was mentioned on appdeploy forums). Can anyone advise on what I could try next or am I trying to do the impossible???[&:]
0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity


If it's asking for "Disk1" then you haven't copied the required CAB files. You have to copy all the MSIs as well as all the CABs.
Answered 01/29/2009 by: turbokitty
Sixth Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
You have to copy all the MSIs as well as all the CABs.I'm glad that you've read through some AppDeploy posts before asking your question. However, you seem to have missed the mantra which must have appeared in a least one of the posts, i.e. that using a process/file/registry monitor would have shown you MSIExec attempting to open CABs and failing.
Answered 01/30/2009 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
I have managed to remove the error 'Please run setup' which was appearing each time I ran any of the .msi's. I copied the vendor's 1033.mst for each .msi and removed the launch condition called Product Language. I am now still stuck with the cab issue so will commence trouble shooting this using your suggestions above. Thanks guys. I will let you know how I get on.
Answered 01/30/2009 by: abeisty
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment