Restoring GZ and TGZ files fails
Our Kbox is a VM on an ESX server with more than enough memory and space.
The 5.4 SP1 upgrade failed and Kace support suggested rebuilding with an OVF. The 5.4 OVF file doesn't work after 3 downloads over the course of the last month. I spent all day on the phone with Kace support yesterday trying to get it to work, but ended up with a suggestion to use a 5.3 OVF, then upgrade.
I rebuilt our K1000 with a 5.3 OVF, then upgraded to 5.4.70402 with kbin files. When I attempt to restore the backup files, nothing happens. The browser spinning circle spins for 20 minutes or so, then nothing. The GZ file is 150MB's and the TGZ is 2.4GB's. I'm at the same version I was at when I saved the GZ and TGZ files
Last month, while our server was at 5.4.70402, I had the same issue with restoring those files.