Recently setup a replication share at one of our branches. As far as I can tell it replicates fine with the K1000. However clients that should be using the replicated share appear to be having issues.

From what I can tell, the remote clients are attempting to download from the Remote Share. For instance, for a software installation, I can see its folder in the KBOX\downloads\folder# path. The number it downloads (4273) is the same folder number on the replication share.

However there is nothing in the folder on the client machine. It remains empty, even though folder 4273 on the replication share contains the necessary file.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong?
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
Ok...never mind. I changed the account I was using on the download portion, and it worked. Strange because I was using the same account to replicate, so it certainly had permissions to write to the share...but looks like it could not be used by the client.

Why...I am not sure.
Answered 02/06/2012 by: hutcha4113
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I am having this exact same issue. Can you tell me what you changed your user to? I also am using the same account to replicate the files to the remote server and they are showing up. I have given this account Modify rights, so should be able to download the file. Did you create a new account? Did you then add this account to a group or directly to the security folder of the Relication Shares on the remote server?
Answered 03/14/2012 by: svierneisel
Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Actually the issue was not with the account (though I did reset the account/password to make sure). When I looked into it further, I realized that clients at the remote site where attempting to download from the main office, over the WAN link. Items were not appearing, due to slow download speeds (they eventually did appear). We have pretty fast WAN links, but Office 2010 which was part of the download, is 1GB....hence the delay in it actually showing up.

I forgot in my setup, to make sure I had a label setup and applied to the computers at the remote site.

I already had the labels setup (Created a smart label that looks for a specific IP subnet), but in the replication portion (just above download path) I didn't put that label in the field, which would have told computers at that location, to download from that remote appliance. We are in the process of performing a mass upgrade to Windows 7/Office 2010. I am carrying a "remote" server appliance to each location, as not all offices have a server available. I have been changing the label in the download portion, to the location we are currently migrating. So far, no issues. Client machines that are part of the smart label entered in replication, are downloading from the Remote Appliance.
Answered 03/15/2012 by: hutcha4113
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Thanks for your reply. I have opened a ticket up with Support as I do have all of my label groups created. I was using the Alt Location at the Smart Label level, but we are growing to large for us to manually transfer the Managed installs to our remote sites. That is why I have enabled the Replication which by the way works perfect when transferring our packages to our remote sites.

Issue is just when we put the user into the Managed Install Group the folder is appearing on their machine, but nothing is downloading.

I will reply back with what support finds.
Answered 03/15/2012 by: svierneisel
Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Ok - I was able to get this working. I was using a $ in th Download path. Once I changed the share to not include this, the managed installs started working.
Answered 03/15/2012 by: svierneisel
Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity